General COVID-19 Testing
Gunnison County and Gunnison Valley Health continue to partner in providing free COVID-19 testing to the community.
While you can still schedule a test through the Call Center, you can also schedule an appointment online here.
The on-going, free testing continues to be a PCR send-out test. This means your sample will be sent out for processing with an expected processing time of 72 hours or less.
Testing is still done in the GVH parking lot. Please remain in your car, wear a mask and do not bring your dogs. Testing for multiple people should be scheduled in advance.
Additional Testing Services
CDPHE is providing a Rapid At-Home testing program that provides 8 BinaxNow test kits to through the mail. To order tests for your household, please use this webpage to order. The state has 2 million test kits available for dispersal.
Those who require testing for travel, GVH is now offering a self-swab PCR test that can be purchased at the hospital. This testing is only for asymptomatic people and will be a send out PCR test with results within 72 hours.
For those who require testing for surgery, you will need to contact Gunnison Valley Health.
For GVH-based surgeries, call 970-641-7240
For surgeries outside of GVH/Gunnison Valley, call 970-642-4766
Surgery testing will also require additional information and documentation found below:
- The order must indicate the type of COVID test required. The two testing options are a rapid test (same day results) or a send-off PCR test (these take about 3 days for results).
- If your provider requires a PCR test, please schedule accordingly.
- If your provider sends an order that does not specify the type of test needed, you will be responsible for contacting them to update the order.
- The orders should be faxed to the Gunnison Valley Health Admissions Department at 970-641-7211.
- The order must include a good fax number for the provider in order for us to fax the results