COVID-19 Testing & Scheduling
Gunnison County, Gunnison Valley Health and COVIDCheck Colorado continue to partner in providing free COVID-19 testing to the community.
The community testing site has returned to the parking lot at GVH.
The hours at the testing site are 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. Monday-Thursday and 8 a.m. – 11 a.m. on Friday.
You can also schedule your own testing appointment online! Simply click here and enter the appropriate information. This is a great resource for those who need to regularly seek testing.
Please see the map below for traffic flow accessing the testing site.
The on-going, free testing continues to be a PCR send-out test. This means your sample will be sent out for processing with an expected processing time of 72 hours. With lower testing volumes results have been returned more quickly.
Please remain in your car, wear a mask and do not bring your dogs. Testing for multiple people should be scheduled in advance.
COVID-19 Testing Options in Gunnison County
Additional Testing Services
The federal government has announced that as of Wednesday 1/19/22, people will be able to order 4 FREE rapid antigen tests from COVIDTests.gov. It is expected to take 7-12 days to receive tests after ordering.
Starting on 2/23/22 rapid antigen tests will also be available at the Gunnison County Libraries. Limited to 2 boxes (four tests) per household per month while supplies last.
Those who require testing for travel, GVH is now offering a self-swab PCR test that can be purchased at the hospital. This testing is only for asymptomatic people and will be a send out PCR test with results within 72 hours.
For those who require testing for surgery, you will need to contact Gunnison Valley Health.
For GVH-based surgeries, call 970-641-7240
For surgeries outside of GVH/Gunnison Valley, call 970-642-4766
Surgery testing will also require additional information and documentation found below:
- The order must indicate the type of COVID test required. The two testing options are a rapid test (same day results) or a send-off PCR test (these take about 3 days for results).
- If your provider requires a PCR test, please schedule accordingly.
- If your provider sends an order that does not specify the type of test needed, you will be responsible for contacting them to update the order.
- The orders should be faxed to the Gunnison Valley Health Admissions Department at 970-641-7211.
- The order must include a good fax number for the provider in order for us to fax the results