Gunnison County and Gunnison Valley Health continue to partner in providing free COVID-19 testing to the community.
Scheduling for most testing needs is being done by Gunnison County Health and Human Services.
The on-going, free testing provided by Gunnison County and Gunnison Valley Health continues to be a PCR send-out test. This means your sample will be sent out for processing with an expected 48 hour processing time. Testing is still done in the GVH parking lot.
Those who are symptomatic, may have been exposed to COVID-19, or need testing for any other reason should consult the information in the graphics below to schedule a test.
For those who require testing for surgery, you will need to contact Gunnison Valley Health at 970-642-4766. Surgery testing will also require additional information and documentation found below:
- The order must indicate the type of COVID test required. The two testing options are a rapid test (same day results) or a send-off PCR test (these take about 3 days for results).
- If your provider requires a PCR test, please schedule accordingly.
- If your provider sends an order that does not specify the type of test needed, you will be responsible for contacting them to update the order.
- The orders should be faxed to the Gunnison Valley Health Admissions Department at 970-641-7211.
- The order must include a good fax number for the provider in order for us to fax the results