Gunnison County Community Survey

The Gunnison County Community Survey will reoccur in April 2022 to gauge perspective on the previous quarter. For survey findings, check the Economic Recovery tab on the homepage.

Frequently Asked Questions

View common FAQs.

Free High-Quality Masks

Gunnison County Libraries are participating in the Governor’s Library Mask Distribution Program. Free Kn95 and surgical-grade masks are available at your local libraries and visitor centers in both ends of the Valley. Individuals and households may receive 5 masks per month. Availability based on demand.

A Kn95 or N95 mask can be used for a longer period of time. To use these masks to the fullest:

Have a few to use in rotation. Let them air out in a paper bag for at least a day between uses. Avoid touching the front of the mask unnecessarily and replace when the straps no longer fit tight or it becomes dirty or damaged.

COVID-19 Testing

Free community testing is occurring through a partnership with Gunnison County and Gunnison Valley Health. More information can be found on the Testing page.

Exposed? Waiting for Results? Test Positive? Here’s What to Do.

For resources on what to do after your positive COVID-19 test CLICK HERE.

Me he hecho la prueba de COVID-19, ¿y ahora qué? Haga clic aquí

Help us help you, complete your own case investigation here.

Isolation and Quarantine Guidelines

*Per CDC guidance air-travel while sick or in isolation is not allowed.

Monoclonal Antibody Treatments (mAb)

Right now, there are two different types of monoclonal antibody therapies available in Colorado. 

  1. Sotrovimab is for people who already have COVID-19, have mild to moderate symptoms, and are at high risk of getting very sick. 
  2. Evusheld is for people who are moderately to severely immunocompromised or who can’t get vaccinated against COVID-19. It can help keep you from getting sick with COVID-19. It isn’t for people who already have COVID-19.

People in at risk populations include:

  • People who are 65 years old or older.
  • Babies who are less than 1 year old.
  • People who are obese or overweight. This includes adults with a BMI of 25 or more. It also includes children age 12 to 17 who have a BMI in the 85th percentile or higher for their age and gender based on CDC growth charts.
  • Pregnant people.
  • People with certain underlying medical conditions.

Anyone in these categories can seek mAb within the first ten days of symptom onset.

Monoclonal Antibody Treatments are available through GVH. If you need to access mAb treatment at GVH you will need a referral from your physician.

More information about mAb treatments can be found here.

General Relief Resources

Need assistance? The full Basic Needs Guide from the Community Health is available online and in print at Health and Human Services and other locations.

Gunnison Country Food Pantry • The Pantry has expanded service during the pandemic. Food support provided at no-cost to ANYONE in need. For food pickup, visit the website or call 970-641-4156. To arrange food delivery due to quarantine or high-risk to COVID-19, please call 970-641-7959.
Gunnison Food Pantry/ Oh Be Joyful Church in Crested Butte • Emergency food will be available for those in need at Oh Be Joyful Church on the first Thursday of the month from 5 to 6 p.m.
Gunnison County Health and Human Services • SNAP Benefits for Income-Qualified Community Members. SNAP is the Supplemental Nutritional Assistance Program. Allotment per household increased for 2021.
Young at Heart Meals for Senior Citizens • Full lunch is available for seniors 55 and over on M, W, F for pick-up or delivery. Delivery available for those with high risk to COVID or are experiencing illness. Please order in advance by calling 970-641-8272 and leaving your name, phone number, date you would like a meal and how many meals you’re requesting.
OR, call 970-641-2107 before 9 a.m. on the day you would like a meal.
Delivery Assistance • If you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, self-isolating or quarantined, and you need groceries or prescriptions we can help you arrange deliveries of groceries from City Market’s Pickup program, food bundles from the Gunnison Food Pantry and prescriptions from City Market or Walmart pharmacies. 
The Center for Mental Health • 710 N Taylor St, Gunnison, CO 81230, and 214 6th St. Suite 4, Crested Butte, 970-252-3200. CMH also has a comprehensive document of tips for maintaining your mental wellness during COVID-19.
The Center for Mental Health Support and Crisis Line • Call this free, 24-hour support line if you are feeling stressed or anxious, or if you just need to talk with someone. 970-252-6220. A text line is also available. Text TALK to 38255 for free, confidential, professional support.
Gunnison Valley Health • Call a peer support specialist who personally experienced a mental health crisis. They can also help connect you to financial resources to assist with care. Call Joe at 970-596-8182 or Barbara at 970-596-0127
The Colorado Spirit Wellness Program • The CO Spirit Wellness Program can help with immediate emotional support, stress reduction, and resiliency planning. This is a free support-line that is available from 8am – 6pm. Call 970-232-1147 or reach out by email to More info here.
Gunnison Valley Family Physicians • Seeing their clients through an integrated behavioral health therapist, 130 E Virginia Ave, Gunnison, CO 81230, 970-641-0211.
Counseling Center at Western Colorado University • The counseling center at Western is located in Crystal Hall 104, 970-642-4615.
Project Hope (Victim of Violence Advocacy, services in Spanish) • 304 W Tomichi Ave, Gunnison, CO 81230, 970-641-2712.
Crested Butte State of Mind • Scholarships available for residents who are uninsured or underinsured to access mental health services. Email or fill out a an application.  
Colorado Crisis Center • You don’t have to go through it alone! Call 1-844-493-TALK(8255) or text TALK to 38255.
National Child Traumatic Stress Network • Resources to help families cope with COVID-19.
Healthcare Worker Well-Being Support Line • If you’re a healthcare worker and you need to talk about your stress or how COVID-19 has impacted you, Call or Text 303-724-2500. Provided by the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus.
Gunnison Valley Calendar • Check the Gunnison Valley Calendar to find ways to socialize from a distance.
American Foundation for Suicide Prevention • Support for yourself or those who may be at risk of suicide.
Joy 4 All • Hotline with recorded jokes, stories and more to spread joy when you’re felling lonely. Call 1-877-JOY-4ALL.
Private local therapists providing services through telehealth:

Monica Bilow (Registered Psychotherapist, Provides Mental Health Services in Spanish): 1018 Co Rd 738, Crested Butte, CO 81224, (970) 901-6129

Marcie Telander (MA, REAT, CGP) East River Counseling, Inc.: 320 North Main Street, Gunnison CO and 160 Lower Allen Road, Crested Butte, PO Box 1101, Crested Butte, CO (970) 349-6509

Garland Middleton (LSW): 407 4th Street, Unit 3, Crested Butte, Colorado 81224 (833) 305-9939

Seastrum Claudia P: 320 N Main Street, Gunnison, CO 81230 (970) 901-6731

Kelly Banas Counseling (Provides Mental Health Services in Spanish): 123 West Tomichi Avenue Suite 8, Gunnison, Colorado 81230 (719) 280-5625

Inner Resource Wellness: Nancy Jones, Gunnison, Colorado 81230 (970) 426-0169

Laura Scales (Marriage and Family): 300 Belleview Avenue, Suite 3C, Crested Butte, Colorado 81224 (970) 670-7588.

Christine Osmundson – Child, Adolescent and Family Psychotherapist (Medicaid accepted): The Saltlick Building, 405 3rd Street, Suite F, Crested Butte, CO 81224 (303) 917-4207

Erin Ryan, MA, LPC, LLC: 114 N. Boulevard St. Suite 203. Gunnison, CO 81230, (970) 209- 7707
Gunnison County Health and Human Services • Community Service block Grant (CSBG) emergency assistance for vulnerable low-income families, seniors, and the disabled who are experiencing a crisis.
Gunnison County Health and Human Services • You can apply for a grant through Gunnison County Health and Human Services to help cover your housing costs. Call DHHS at 970-641-3244 for more information on how to apply
Emergency Rent and Mortgage Assistance • The Colorado Division of Housing has various programs available to homeowners, renters, and landlords. If you, or your tenants, are having trouble with rent or mortgage payments due to the pandemic, check these resources.
Gunnison Valley Regional Housing Authority • GVRHA and the Valley Housing Fund have partnered to create an Emergency Mortgage Assistance Fund. The EMAF is available to help deed-restricted homeowners who may face challenges paying their mortgage.
Colorado Homeownership Coalition • The CHC provides mortgage assistance to homeowners experiencing a temporary disruption in income to avoid delinquent mortgage payments and ultimately resume self-sufficiency. They are a financial lifeline for individuals and families in our communities that need a helping hand. 
Hope for Homeowners • This is a program for people at risk of losing their home due to default and foreclosure. If you are having
difficulty paying your mortgage, you may be eligible to refinance into a mortgage that you can afford. Participation in the Hope for Homeowners (H4H) program is voluntary, and both lender and borrower must agree to participate.

Emergency Broadband Benefit • The program offers temporary credits up to $50 a month to support internet costs. You must apply directly to the program and your internet provider. Funding will continue monthly until the money runs out at the federal level.
Energy Outreach Colorado • You can apply for assistance with utility bills through this site or by contacting our County’s Health & Human Services department at 970-641-3244.
Gunnison County Health and Human Services • Energy-assistance for low-income households or those in an emergency situation.
GV-HEAT • The Gunnison Valley Home Energy Advancement Team can get you qualified for free weatherization and energy efficiency programs. The programs will help you save energy and money at your home. Renters and homeowners are eligible.
Colorado Department of Labor – Unemployment • COVID-19 specific details for workers. Information about unemployment insurance benefits. File a Claim.
My Colorado Journey • Ready to Rise programming provides support to those looking for employment, seeking a credential to upgrade job prospects, or to finish their high school or college education.
Colorado Restaurant Association Angel Fund • Angel Relief Fund grants focused on restaurant, food & beverage, and service hospitality workers.
Colorado PEAK Assistance Programs • Assistance Programs including TANF and LEAP
Connect for Health Colorado Financial Help • Colorado’s Official Health Insurance Marketplace Financial Help
Restaurant Workers Community Foundation
US Department of Labor
H.R.6201 – Families First Coronavirus Response Act
Families and Medical Leave Act
Bartender Emergency Assistance Program
One Fair Wage – emergency Coronavirus Tipped and Service Worker Support Fund
Federal Housing Administration
Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac
Fact Sheet: Unemployment Insurance Provisions in the CARES Act
Economic Impact Payments
Young at Heart Meals • Full lunch is available for seniors M, W, F for pick-up or delivery. Please order in advance by calling 970-641-8272 and leaving your name, phone number, date you would like a meal and how many meals you’re requesting. OR, call 970-641-2107 before 9 a.m. on the day you would like a meal.
Delivery Assistance Hotline • Call 970-641-7959 if you need groceries or prescriptions delivered to your home. Deliveries are available throughout the Valley 9am-5pm Monday-Friday.
Hispanic Affairs Project • HAP has established the “Western Colorado Immigrant Relief Fund” to support undocumented families impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. You can donate to support the effort through HAP!
Center for Adult and Family Education – Gunnison Library District
Gunnison County Multicultural Resource Office • Multicultural Resources provides access to healthcare through multilingual Health Navigation services. As a part of Public Health, Interpretation and Translation services are provided to clients on an as needed basis.
Emigrantes unidos
Project Hope of Gunnison Valley • Offering a 24/7 Crisis Hotline at 970-275-1193. Staff can be reached Monday-Friday, 9am-4pm at 970-641-2712. If you need to get in touch with an advocate immediately, but you’re not able to physically talk on the phone, you can text the crisis line 970-275-1193, send an email to, and/or send a private message to the Project Hope Facebook or Instagram pages.
National Domestic Violence Hotline • The NDVH provides a lot of resources and a hotline for help: 1-800-799-7233

COVID Critter downloadable

Click here for downloadable assets

Gunnison One Valley Campaign