Important information for all open businesses!
All open businesses must complete the hygiene and social distancing protocols and post them in their business. These do not need to be submitted, but they must be visible in your place of business. Please also note that all open businesses must operate within the restrictions outlined in approved sector plans (see your industry’s page below for the different sector plans) as approved by the public health director.
Outfitters & Guides Resources
Broad reaching resource links can be found on the business homepage. The below resources are relevant to this subgroup.
- Gunnison County exemption request form – 5/4
- Fishing and Raft Guiding Protocol Documents – Mark Schumacher & Patrick Black-Dale
- Forest Service COVID-19 Response – 4/13
- CDC Cleaning Protocol – 4/2
- Gunnison County Business Information Hub – GCEA and the Chambers are partnering to help ALL local businesses get donation buttons/links set up. They have turned the open/closed business list into a Business Information Hub. You can update your hours, add your business to the list, and include a Venmo/Paypal/GoFundMe/etc link where folks can support you financially. 4/7
REOPEN DOCUMENT RESOURCES
- Pyramid Hierarchy of Controls for COVID-19 4/20 Gunnison County Safety Team
- Essential Services Guidelines (April 10th) – Gunnison County
TAPP Marketing Examples
- For Our Friends
- Isolated Up Cement Creek
- Gunnison-Crested Butte Homepage
- Gunnison-Crested Butte COVID-19 Webpage
Industry Opinions Regarding Recreating and Offering Guiding Services During Pandemic
- “OREC Outdoor Industry COVID-19 Impact Survey Results” – 4/20
- Outfitters & Guides: Business Strategy Facebook Page – 4/2
- Outdoor Industry Survey – Provide valuable feedback to OREC
- A Message from Colorado Tourism, 4/1
- “Put Awesome on Hold – Stay at Home” – Association of Canadian Mountain Guides
- ACMG Courses and COVID -19 – “no backcountry experience recorded after March 24, 2020 will be considered when screening applications.”
- ACMG Recommendations
- Crested Butte Avalanche Center
- American Avalanche Association
When Will We Be Able to Guide Again?
- Gov. Jared Polis held a news conference Friday (3/27) which offered some insight as to when we may see a return to normal operations.
- Trump extends federal social distancing guidelines to April 30 – “We can expect that by June 1st, we will be well on our way to recovery.”
- COVID-19 Projections – John Norton referenced in 3/30/20 call. Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation – Indicates deaths per day to peak on April 17th in Colorado & be near zero by early July.
Business Forecasting & Recovery Tools
- Survival Planning & Financial Forecasting Video
- Survival Planning & Financial Forecasting Worksheet
- Disaster Hawk