On June 14, Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment (CDPHE) announced the closure of more than 70 community testing sites across the state, including the Gunnison County site at Gunnison Valley Hospital. The closures will take place after June 30, 2022. This continues the gradual transition to normalize COVID-19 testing in traditional healthcare settings and through federal programs.
Following this closure, COVID-19 tests will be offered at the following locations in the Gunnison Valley:
- Free Rapid Home Tests are available at:
- The US Government is offering a third round of free home tests, mailed to your door: www.covid.gov/tests
- Gunnison County Health and Human Services, 220 N Spruce St, Gunnison – tests are located on the table within the vestibule doors
- Rapid Home Tests are available for purchase from local retailers such as City Market, Walmart, Clarks Pharmacy and Ace Hardware
- Clark’s Market Pharmacy (PCR send-out) – $99
- Primary Care Providers offering testing with a sick visit (insurance will be billed and client is responsible for any co-pay*):
- Gunnison Valley Health Family Medicine Clinic (Rapid PCR)
- Gunnison Valley Family Physicians (Rapid PCR)
- Peak Urgent Care (Rapid PCR)
- Sopris Women’s Clinic (Antigen tests)
*If you are in need to a COVID test, but don’t have the ability to pay for a doctor visit, please contact Health and Human Services to see if you qualify for low-income financial assistance through the Community Service Block Grant (CSBG): 970-641-3244.
For those looking for tests for travel, the following options are available:
- iHealth COVID-19 Antigen Rapid Tests along with a remote video conference.
- These tests are CDC-compliant and available for free at Public Health, Gunnison County Libraries and through the Government free test mailing program listed above, or offered for sale at local retailers.
- The video conference to verify your test result can be scheduled at https://ihealthlabs.com/, when practitioners are available. The session takes about 20 minutes for a $25 fee.
- Denver Airport COVID-19 Testing (Rapid PCR or PCR send-out) – $175-$250
- Walgreens Locations (PCR send-out or Rapid NAAT Test) – Insurance billed if you have it, testing is free of charge regardless of insurance coverage
If you have any questions about COVID testing, please contact your primary care provider or Gunnison County Health and Human Services. Testing information can also be located at https://covid19.gunnisoncounty.org/gunnison-county-covid-19-testing/