Gunnison Valley Health is launching antibody testing for the community. The testing will be on a first come first serve basis and the cost will be $75. Please see this flyer for more information. For more detail on the test that they are using please see this flyer.
By the Numbers and Datastudio
Our Google data studio is live on the website. The main page is a breakdown. There is more detail in a link in the bottom right corner for those that want to dig in further.
We have been getting a lot of questions about the datastudio, how often it’s updated and how people are counted.
- There are a lot of questions about the state’s numbers vs. the county’s numbers. The state uses a “presumed positive” definition that Gunnison County does not. Gunnison County counts confirmed cases only. We have included the count of “State Presumed Positive” on both the main and Ops datastudios. For more information on what “presumed positive” means read our April 29th update
- The top section of Objective Data is updated at least daily and sometimes twice a day. There is a timestamp next to the title.
- The Subjective Data section is currently updated when we hit a threshold of 10 new records. This data is pulled into a secure database from the hospital, call center and self-report forms and takes quite a bit of work to upload into the system. We are working on a system that uploads this live from our secure database but aren’t there yet.
- You can download the raw data that is feeding the datastudio by going to the bottom right and clicking “More detailed data.” Once on this Ops Dashboard there is an option to download at that top right.
Contact Tracing App
There has been a bit of confusion around the potential contact tracing app. The survey is aimed at gauging the level of interest in downloading. The system would work better if more people participated. As of this afternoon, about 70% said they weren’t interested and 30% said they were interested in using this type of tool. The app would be completely voluntary for anyone that wants to use it. Their location would not be tracked, rather their Bluetooth would record when they were close to another device that had the app. If the distance and time barrier that we set are met, then it would count as a “contact”. From there if someone tested positive, they can input in the app that they did and all of the “contacts” would be notified. This would allow people to be hypersensitive to the fact that they may have been exposed so that they could voluntarily isolate and get tested. There is no intent to require the app for the community.
The app, which would be built from an open-sourced platform, wouldn’t cost the county any money. We are lucky to have some software developers who have donated their time and we were just trying to gauge a level of interest in the community as it would likely take 3-4 weeks of development time.
Are you interested in using a contact tracing app? Fill out the survey.
New Public Health Order
A new Public Health Order will be signed tomorrow. The revised PHO is expected to include updates for the following categories:
- Alignment with Business Sector Plan responses.
- Acknowledging Places of Worship as Essential Human Service
- Exempt AA and NA sessions
- Potential state variance on campgrounds, places of worship, restaurants/bars.
- 60+ age restriction to 65+ to align with the state
- Masks for employees and staff who interact with customers or clients
The screening site will continue to operate 6 days per week with modified times. Testing is still scheduled via the Call Center and is required to be tested.
- Monday at Gunnison HHS from 8:30-10:00AM
- Tuesday by appointment at GVH
- Wednesday in Crested Butte from 8:30-10:00AM
- Thursday by appointment at GVH
- Friday by appointment at GVH and also for Medical, EMS, and Fire by appointment in Crested Butte
- Saturday by appointment at GVH
Patients who contact the Call Center and are instructed to be swabbed will either be sent to a screening site or receive an appointment, depending on the day of the call. There will be 6-8 appointments available per scheduled day, with at least 2 appointments reserved for essential workers.
Importance of Self-Reporting
One of the best tools to provide early warnings of spread in the community is to self-report as symptomatic. If you have symptoms consistent with COVID-19, even if they are mild, please self-report and isolate yourself.
Memorial Day Reminder
While Memorial Day traditionally serves as the unofficial start of summer, this year’s holiday weekend will be nontraditional on account of local and state measures to combat the COVID-19 pandemic.
Please keep in mind that Memorial Day weekend (Saturday, May 23-Monday, May 25) falls before the conclusion of the most recently amended Public Health Order on Tuesday, May 26. Until then, travel within Gunnison County is restricted to “essential,” and visitors to Gunnison County are prohibited. As such, Gunnison County residents should also plan to stay local for Memorial Day. The state is restricting travel and many other counties are also prohibiting visitation.
The Center for Mental Health
We have consolidated the Center for Mental Health’s resources to this page on our website.
Call Center Hours
The call center will be operating 8am-12pm Monday-Friday. For those needing assistance outside of those hours, there will be someone monitoring the email@example.com email. The Delivery Assistance Hotline will keep its same hours, 9am-5pm Monday-Friday.
Grocery and prescription delivery 5 days per week
If you are at risk and self-isolating at home, ill with Covid-19 symptoms, or quarantined and need groceries or prescriptions delivered to your home, call (970) 641-7959. Deliveries are by drivers trained to safely handle your order and are available throughout the valley, 5 days a week, Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. until 1:00 p.m.
On May 18th the delivery hotline and schedule will change operational hours. Hours will be 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Monday-Friday. Starting that day please ensure that all City Market pick ups are scheduled in this time window as well.