If you are symptomatic, but otherwise ok, please self-isolate and self-report at www.gunnisoncounty.org/covid19
If you are symptomatic and worsening, please call the call center. 970-641-7660
We ask that you not show up to the screening site until you call first.
If it is an emergency, never hesitate to call 911.
Primary Information Sources
Gunnison Health and Human Services Facebook page
Please self-report if you have any symptoms or have overcome your symptoms.
Additional Sector Plans
In addition to the Lodging and Guides/Outfitter plans, Joni responded to three additional sector groups yesterday, real estate, fitness, and personal services.
The following dates are targets and are subject to change based on the indicators locally as well as the state’s public health orders and guidance. The businesses are allowed to open on these dates so long as they continue to follow the orders and the protocols that they set out in their sector plans.
- May 8th is an appropriate start date for personal wellness training for individual or household groups via groups by exemption.
- Non-contact outdoor sport activities like organized ultimate frisbee, soccer or softball may apply for an exemption with specific plans for consideration for June 1st.
- Summer camps for youths may apply for an exemption. Additional details and specific camp plans are necessary to consider them for June 1st.
- Self-Accessed Gyms including the daily contact trace reports in their plans is a point of excellence. Additional information is requested on the daily unattended hours advanced permission process to assure management of the number of users inside the gym at any given time (based on gym space & size) for June 1st.
- A target date of May 27th is appropriate for gyms, fitness centers and group training to begin unless there is a change in the State Directive restricting these businesses.
- On May 1st Professional Beauty Services were permitted to open under the 8th Amended Public Health Order.
- A target date of May 8th is appropriate for Massage Therapists, non-healthcare settings and Tattoo Studios/Body Art Professionals to open for individuals in Gunnison County (e.g. residents and essential workers) with an exemption.
- Those businesses that receive an exemption must operate with all public health measures such as sanitation between clients, physical distancing >6 feet and limiting to 1 person per 240 square feet, whichever is lower. For clarification, if your designated occupancy is 10, but your square footage is 500 square feet then you may only have 2 people in the business, including employees. A maximum of 10 people, including employees, is still in effect for any business exceeding 2,400 square feet.
- A target date of May 27th is appropriate to begin services for all including visitors unless there is a change in the State Directive restricting these businesses and/or travel. All public health measures must continue to be followed.
- On 4/27, Real estate agents were allowed to resume showings under the 8th public Health Order.
Joni offered the following other recommendations:
- Please restrict property showings to vacant properties or schedule showings when no one is present at the property (i.e. tenants/homeowners).
- Please limit contact in surfaces to a minimum as possible while showing properties
Importance of Self-Reporting
One of our earliest warnings of spread in the community will be self-reporting as symptomatic. If you have symptoms consistent with COVID-19, even if they are mild, please self-report and isolate yourself.
We are now testing six days per week. Testing is still scheduled via the Call Center and is required to be tested.
The screening sites in Gunnison on Monday (10 a.m.-noon) and Crested Butte on Wednesday (10 a.m.-noon) will continue to operate. We have added testing by appointment in the GVH parking lot on Tuesday (9-10 a.m.), Thursday (9-10 a.m.), Friday (9-10 a.m.) and Saturday (9-10 a.m.).
Patients who contact the Call Center and are instructed to be swabbed will either be sent to a screening site or receive an appointment, depending on the day of the call. There will be 6-8 appointments available per scheduled day, with at least 2 appointments reserved for essential workers.
A primary goal of the new screening-site schedule is to provide NP-swab testing for COVID-19 to individuals within 24 hours of the onset of symptoms.
The Center for Mental Health
We have consolidated the Center for Mental Health’s resources to this page on our website.
Call Center Hours
The call center will be operating 8am-12pm Monday-Friday. For those needing assistance outside of those hours, there will be someone monitoring the firstname.lastname@example.org email. The Delivery Assistance Hotline will keep its same hours, 9am-5pm Monday-Friday.
Grocery and prescription delivery 5 days per week
If you are at risk and self-isolating at home, ill with Covid-19 symptoms, or quarantined and need groceries or prescriptions delivered to your home, call (970) 641-7959. Deliveries are by drivers trained to safely handle your order and are available throughout the valley, 5 days a week, Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m.
By the Numbers
Our Google data studio is live on the website. The main page is a breakdown. There is more detail in a link in the bottom right corner for those that want to dig in further.