If you are symptomatic, but otherwise ok, please self-isolate and self-report at www.gunnisoncounty.org/covid19
If you are symptomatic and worsening, please call the call center. 970-641-7660
We ask that you not show up to the screening site until you call first.
If it is an emergency, never hesitate to call 911.
Primary Information Sources
Please self-report if you have any symptoms or have overcome your symptoms.
Public Health Orders
The 8th Amended Public Health Orders were signed today, 4/25/2020. There will be three dates with different aspects of the order taking effect. As we continue to communicate with the state and work to align with their orders, a couple of these measures differed slightly from yesterday’s update. The full order and a summary of the changes can be found on our Public Health Orders webpage.
The businesses who are opening will be required to fill out and retain at the place of business a Business Hygiene and Social Distancing Protocol Form. A separate or written approval from Gunnison County Public Health is NOT required. This was communicated through the various industry sector subgroups via the Recovery Section.
Certain types of businesses, such as tattoo parlors, non-medical massage parlors, gyms, spas, concert halls, indoor spin cycling studios and others remain closed.
Effective April 27
- Moving group size to no more than 10 so long as social distancing is followed.
- Non-resident homeowners are being welcomed back with a mandatory 7-day isolation upon their arrival. We ask them to let us know when they plan to arrive and how many in their group will be arriving. This is anonymous and does not ask for contact information. This is necessary information to help drive predictive modeling around potential hospital impacts and community needs as the Gunnison Valley seasonally swells in population.
- Residents leaving the county for less than 24 hours will not be required to self-isolate for 7 days. All travelers are highly recommended to self-isolate when they return.
- Library open to curbside service.
- Real estate agents may conduct commercial or residential showings to clients or potential buyers so long as other measures of the Order are met. Open houses not permitted.
Effective May 1
- Childcare centers to open with a priority for essential workers.
- Retail open to customers so long as no more than 10 people, including the staff at one time.
- Buses allowed with up to 10 people previously from 8.
Effective May 4
- Professional offices may open with no more than 10 people.
Call Center Hours Changing April 27th
Starting on April 27th, the call center will be operating 8am-12pm Monday-Friday. For those needing assistance outside of those hours, there will be someone monitoring the email@example.com email. The Delivery Assistance Hotline will keep its same hours, 9am-5pm Monday-Friday.
Emergency Childcare for Essential and Emergency Workers Is Coming Soon to Gunnison County.
Early Childhood Centers and Home Providers have been working hard to be able to reopen as safely as possible and will be following guidelines from our local public health agency. For more information on who is eligible for Emergency Childcare go here and click on “Background.” To sign up for the program go here.
Grocery and prescription delivery 5 days per week
If you are at risk and self-isolating at home, ill with Covid-19 symptoms, or quarantined and need groceries or prescriptions delivered to your home, call (970) 641-7959. Deliveries are by drivers trained to safely handle your order and are available throughout the valley, 5 days a week, Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m.
The screening site will continue on the following schedule.
-Monday from 10:00 AM-12:00 PM in Gunnison
-Wednesday from 10:00 AM-12:00 PM in Crested Butte
-Friday testing will be by appointment and reserved for healthcare, law enforcement, EMS, and fire employees only.
Center for Mental Health
The Center for Mental Health has a free talk line that is open 24 hours per day at 970-252-6220.
By the Numbers
As of 2:42 PM, we have 105 positive, 260 negative, and 9 pending tests.
Our Google data studio is live on the website. The main page is a breakdown. There is more detail in a link in the bottom right corner for those that want to dig in further.