If you are symptomatic, but otherwise ok, please self-isolate and self-report at www.gunnisoncounty.org/covid19
If you are symptomatic and worsening, please call the call center. 970-641-7660
We ask that you not show up to the screening site until you call first.
If it is an emergency, never hesitate to call 911.
Primary Information Sources
Please self-report if you have any symptoms or have overcome your symptoms.
Staff at Incident Command will be taking a day of rest on Sunday. We will have a skeleton crew in place in case there is pressing information that needs to be pushed to the public. Do NOT look for the 5pm update tomorrow. We will resume normal updates on Monday.
6th Amended Public Health Order
This 6th Amended Gunnison County Standing Public Health Order provides some additional clarifications including:
- Definitions for Non-Resident and Non-Resident Homeowner (page 6)
- Non-residents who are not not physically
present within the County are prohibited
from entering Gunnison County unless:
- Expressly permitted by this Order;
- Such person(s) are necessary to allow the
businesses, events or activities permitted by this Order to continue (e.g.,
delivery drivers to grocery stores or gas stations, medical personnel to assist
in hospital operations, law enforcement to assist in the enforcement of this
- Such non-residents:
- Are residents of Delta, Pitkin, Chaffee, Saguache, Hinsdale, Ouray, Montrose, or Mesa Counties
enter Gunnison County either:
- To obtain essential goods and services not otherwise reasonably available to them by means other than by traveling to Gunnison County; or
- because of geography, have no choice other than to travel through Gunnison County in order to reach a destination outside of Gunnison County;
- Are otherwise complying with the requirements of this Order and any order of the State of Colorado or the United States; and
- Depart Gunnison County as soon as is reasonably possible by the fastest and safest available means.
- Such non-residents are traveling through, but do not stop in, Gunnison County in order to travel to other locations (e.g., a non-resident driving through Gunnison County from Salida, Colorado to reach Montrose, Colorado), so long as such non-residents otherwise comply with this Order and Orders issued by the State of Colorado or the United States.
- Such non-residents:
Non-resident homeowners who have been physically present within the County for at least 14 days prior to today are permitted to remain in the County so long as such persons comply with the provisions of this Order. These persons are no longer required to submit an exemption request (page 10)
3) Non-resident homeowners who have been physically present within the County who arrived less than 14 days ago are prohibited from remaining in Gunnison County and are directed to return to their out of County place of residence immediately by the fastest and safest means unless (page 11):
a. expressly permitted by this Order;
b. such person(s) are necessary to allow the businesses, events or activities permitted by this Order to continue (e.g., delivery drivers to grocery stores or gas stations, medical personnel to assist in hospital operations, law enforcement to assist in the enforcement of this Order); or
c. the non-resident homeowner receives an express, written exemption from the Public Health Director after providing her sufficient information, in her sole discretion, to ascertain compliance with this Order and to impose additional requirements associated with such exemption.
4) Orders to all residents of Gunnison County who travel outside of Gunnison County for any period of time to isolate and quarantine from all other persons for a minimum period of 7 days. If the person develops symptoms during the 7 day isolation period they are further required to continue isolation until afebrile for at least 72 hours or the entire 7 days, whichever is longer.
4) The Public Health Order does allow the business, events and activities permitted in the order to continue (e.g. delivery drivers to grocery stores or gas stations, medical personnel to assist in hospital operations, law enforcement to assist in the enforcement of this Order).
5) The Gunnison County Public Health Orders control over any executive order issued by the Governor and Public Health Orders issued by the Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment (CDPHE).
The non-resident exemption form can be found on our website as well as here.
Letter From Incident Command
For last night’s 5pm update we published a letter from our Incident Command Team. The information contained in that update is still relevant even with the newest update to the Public Health Order. We encourage you to revisit it, especially if you are a non-resident homeowner who received a postcard from the county in the last week. You can find it here.
Virtual Town Hall
Incident Command and the County are hosting a virtual Town Hall meeting via Zoom and KBUT (88.7, 94.9, 90.3 FM) on Monday, April 13th at 6pm. Panelists will include Joni Reynolds (Public Health Director), Jonathan Houck (Gunnison County Commissioner), CJ Malcolm (Incident Commander) and Jodie Leonard (Gunnison Valley Health). You can register to join the Zoom meeting here: https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_-6iBHo8aSDWRCP8RfZXFyg
We encourage you to submit questions prior to the event by sending a private message to the Health and Human Services Facebook page or leaving a comment on one of our announcement posts. We will also take questions live during the event.
If you have previously been tested for COVID-19 via the RNA test, please contact the GVH lab to participate in a validation study for a rapid immune response test. 970-641-7259.
Center for Mental Health
The Center for Mental Health has a free talk line that is open 24 hours per day at 970-252-6220.
Grocery and prescription delivery 7 days per week
While the Call Center (970-641-7660) is not operating on weekends, the Delivery Assistance Hotline is.
If you are at risk and self-isolating at home, ill with Covid-19 symptoms, or quarantined and need groceries or prescriptions delivered to your home; call (970) 641-7959. Deliveries are by drivers trained to safely handle your order and are available throughout the valley, 7 days a week, from 9:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m.
Our data analysis team is off for the weekend. We will provide updated data again on Monday.
Self-Report as Resolved
At 4:16 PM we had 296 previously symptomatic people reporting that their symptoms had resolved.
RECOVERY defined as resolution of fever without the use of fever-reducing medications for 72 hours and improvement in respiratory symptoms (e.g., cough, shortness of breath); and, at least 10 days have passed since symptoms first appeared. If your symptoms have resolved, please fill out the following form.
By the Numbers
As of 4:00 PM, we have 99 positive, 181 negative, and 18 pending tests. This document is updated live with that information.
|Situational Awareness at Gunnison Valley Hospital (GVH):|
|Admissions Currently at GVH with Respiratory Symptoms||4||4:00 PM 4/11|
|Red (if condition worsens, will be transferred)||0||4:00 PM 4/11|
|Amber (requires moderate amount of interference)||0||4:00 PM 4/11|
|Green (requires minimal amount of interference)||4||4:00 PM 4/11|
|Admissions To-Date from 3/09/2020||30||4:00 PM 4/11|
|COVID-19 Transfers To-Date from 3/18/2020||13||4:00 PM 4/11|